Finally! This quilt has sat in the laundry for two weeks, finished, waiting on me to wash it so I could take pictures. Plus, all the time it sat on the sewing machine or the ironing board waiting on me to figure out what I wanted to do next and would what I wanted to do work.
Scrappy eclectic butterfly quilt – Which is what I'm calling it. There was a rummage through the scraps plus some of those pre-printed blocks. Sister Suzy called it eclectic. I think she was trying to be diplomatic. It doesn't have a lot of wow factor for me, too random.
the floating hexagon quilt. I removed the hexagons and it fit perfectly. While I was digging in a drawer of fabric I came across a piece of gingham that someone had embroidered seven butterflies on. (Where Mom got the fabric, I don't know.)
Marguerita's Quilt As You Go Method to set it together. I bound the quilt in the same fabric I used to set the quilted blocks together with, hoping it would help tie everything together, add some continuity to the quilt and tone down the randomness of it all. The borders are a total of 6-inches wide, the pre-printed blocks are 17-an-a-half-inches square and the scrappy blocks are 13 1/2" x 17 1/2".