Saturday, October 8, 2011

the plans of mice and men


Photo from: Texas Auto Traders
(Ours has a longer bed.)


Okay, I'm done being upset about this. We had the pick-up towed into town (put on a flat-bed truck) because it was all messed up. We knew the check-engine light had come on and was running really bad. We started it up the other day to move it so we could mow where it was sitting and a God-awful racket happened under the hood. Hubby lifted the hood and the serpentine-belt was shredded. After the pick-up got to the shop and they checked it out; the alternator was frozen which is what shredded the belt. It need a tune-up, new wires, an oil change was due, as was changing the air filter, the coil was also bad; then to top everything off, when they inspected the brakes we had a millimeter left of front rotors and three millimeters left on the back ones. So, 2500 dollars later the truck is back in the yard. (No, I'm not over it! Nope, nope, nope! I just thought I was!)

Man! I had plans for that money! Awe well, I guess it wasn't meant to be! And I am glad we weren't broke down on the side of the road!

Have a good day!

Judy

2 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

As you said, good thing it didn't happen out on the road. It could have been worse.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Judy said...

I'm glad it is running like a top now and I don't have to worry about Sister Suzy having car trouble.

Thanks for stopping by and the comment!