Tuesday, September 18, 2012

a puzzle for you

How did this:


Female ornate box turtle - click to see all state reptile symbols

an ornate box turtle get into this:

FORTEX IND. Rubber Corner Bucket Black 5 Gallon - B500

Ducky's water bucket?

I went out to feed and water the critters last night.  When I got to Ducky's pen and peered over the fence looking in her water bucket there was the shell of an ornate box turtle floating in her half-filled water bucket.  Then the water and shell moved a little bit.  I quickly retrieved the bucket from the pen and dumped it out.  The turtle didn't seen too worse for the wear and headed for a rock to hide under.

So how did that turtle get in her water bucket?  The bucket is twice as high as the turtle was long and where would a duck grab hold of a turtle to plop it in the bucket?  I know Ducky is not your average duck but still.



Ducky looks very similar to this one.  I guess I need one of those wildlife camcorders to see what is going on in my backyard.  But then again maybe I don't!  Did you every read 'Tuesday'?

Have a good day!

Judy

2 comments:

Lifesastitch said...

There have been a lot of mysterious animal movement on the blogs this weekend. Chickens under beds, Turkies in the chicken pen, turtles in buckets... I'd better go find the dog...

Judy said...

That's good to know I'm not the only one seeing strange things!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!