Tuesday, February 26, 2013

startitis

My terminal case of startitis has been flaring-up.  I have started three shawls and a sweater.  The shawls need to be frogged and put back in the yarn stash.  The sweater looks like a keeper even though I have restarted it twice.  I have bought the yarn for a matching set of mitts and balaclava for Sister Suzy.  I have the patterns printed and everything in a bag together.  As much snow as we have had in the last week I should have got them done two weeks ago. : >)

I have two quilts I've started and lost the inspiration to finish.  Got two more planned but haven't looked in the fabric stash yet.

I need to knuckle down again and get something finished.  Otherwise, the projects start piling up and my monkey-mind gets to driving me crazier than I already am.

Been cooking and canning up a storm.  The grocery store had all the ingredients for salsa on sale so I went nuts and bought enough to do 24 pints.  Only this time I dehydrated the salsa after I made it and the salsa fits in a 1/2-gallon ice cream container.  The stuff tastes great after re-hydrating which was a concern when I came up with the idea.  Made Hubby two kinds of pickled jalapeños with the leftover peppers.  The recipes say to let the jars set for a couple of weeks before trying so I'm not going to publish the recipes until we have tasted them.  Cabbage was on sale, also, so we picked up two heads.  I want to dehydrate them to make up a soup blend of vegetables to have handy for when I want to make a quick soup.  If it turns out well I may get more cabbage.

My desire to wear clean clothes says I need to start the laundry so back to the salt mines!

Everybody have a good day!

Judy

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Dehydrated salsa? Who would have thought! Great idea about dehydrating the cabbage too. I know someone who dries all sorts of garden greens and herbs for that very reason. Very hand to have around. Love your term "startitis" too. :)

Judy said...

I think "startitis" is a lovely term that describes ever crafter's dilemma not just knitters. Once you get everything figured out and it looks like it's going to work the mind moves on even though the hands haven't finished the project.

I don't do that much regular canning any more except for pickled stuff and meats. Dehydrating is so much easier!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Nupur said...

Judy- hi- it is my first time on your blog and your quilts are beautiful! Thank you for leaving me an encouraging comment on my first quilt :)

Judy said...

Nupur, I love to read and look at other folk's creative adventures. I can't wait to see what your next quilt looks like! I, also, love reading and trying your recipes that look interesting.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!