Sunday, September 21, 2014

my heart is broken

My heart is broken; my compadre in life is gone.

Hubby passed away Friday morning sometime between 9:00 am and 11:30 am while we were taking a nap after a night where neither one of us slept well.

I relieved I don't have to watch him struggle to make himself understood.  But I miss his rapier wit.

I am relieved he no longer hurts so much he had to have help most days to get out of his chair.  But I miss his gentle smile.

I relieved I don't have to watch him struggle after the gout crippled his hands so bad he couldn't do the simplest tasks some days.  But I miss his touch.

I am relieved he is no longer in so much pain he couldn't lay down to sleep.  But I miss the mischievous twinkle in his brown eyes.

 My heart is broken; my rock in life is gone.

Judy

10 comments:

Teri said...

Judy, I am so sorry for your loss. When you are ready, there are many good resources for widows on the internet.

Judy said...

Thank-you, I will go to looking when things settle down a bit. I'm still kind of overwhelmed at this point.

tracie c. said...

oh judy! i am so so very sorry! i wish i could give you the biggest hug! ((( <3 )))

Judy said...

Thank-you. I wish we could hug, too!

Shadowmoss said...

I posted earlier, but don't see it. I am soo sorry for your loss, I had no idea he was so sick. Sending hugs, and I'm glad I got to meet him.

Judy said...

Thanks for the hugs, they help. I looked in the spam filter and it's not there so your post is in cyberspace somewhere! I knew he was hurting and I think we both thought it was more of the same thing so we weren't real concerned. I'm glad we all got together for a visit, too.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you Judy, but I feel for you, I just want to give you a hug. (I was looking for the lasagne quilt) Your husband sounded like a very lovely man.

Judy said...

He was. He was the most laid-back person I have ever meet. No one ever felt threatened by him, particularly children, which is why he was such a great teacher.

Thanks for the hug and I hope I explained what I did with the lasagna/jelly roll quilt well enough.

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Dearest Judy, I have just popped over to see how your hubby was going and to read this news is heartbreaking. Many hugs to you and your family. Leonie xxx

Judy said...

Thank-you for the hugs they make it easier. His sister and I were talking the other day about how his death still didn't feel 'real' at times. For her, he's just living in Phoenix and for me, he's out running errands and will be right back. And then you remember and the tears flow.

Thanks for stopping by and checking on us.