Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm still alive

I'm still alive! Confession! I suffer for the chronic mullygrubs (dysthymia) . The other day it finally dawned on me as I was wallowing around in the pit of despair, again. I came up for air and started to call the doctor for an appointment for meds. Then, I started grousing about the side-effects and why I had quit taking all the different pills before. So I decided to do some research out on the web looking for holistic alternatives for the pills. I had forgot about St. John's Wort and I found some acupressure points. I am feeling better and can begin to see over the edge of the abyss again.

I found some interesting facts while wondering out on the web. Two to three time more women than men suffer from Dysthymia. (Let's see. Yup, I'm female!) If you have chronic health problems (asthma and diabetes) you are prone to it. In the case of diabetes when you are depressed you don't metabolize carbs as well. (That's a nice vicious cycle!) If you are asthmatic taking Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors like Prozac; it causes too much serotonin in the body which triggers asthma attacks. (Wonderful! No wonder I felt like crap!) A family history of mental health problems. (If they weren't locked up, they were killing themselves!) Addictions (Yup! Drunker than old Hooter Brown!) And a few more I can't remember right now.

So I am on a knitting marathon and when I get all the slippers knitted for gifts for Sister Suzy's friends I will post pictures and my changes to the pattern. (It just wouldn't be me, if I didn't change the pattern to suit me. LOL)

Have a good Day!

Judy

No comments: