Sunday, March 18, 2012

ear worms and knitting

While jamming to Beethoven's symphonies and knitting I wasn't paying to close attention. I was knitting C4Fs when I should have been knitting C4Bs in my Celtic Braids. When I finally took a good close look at my work for the evening I saw the mistakes at midnight. I was up until 2 this morning fixing the mistakes. I want to thank Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, a.k.a. The Yarn Harlot, for the tutorial on fixing cabling mistakes. It worked like a dream.

Now what do ear worms have to do with knitting? Well I wanted some music to knit by so I typed in Beethoven's Symphonies in the search engine. I got a link to Beethoven's 3rd, complete. I was busy listening along reading comments on it and somebody was explaining why they didn't like this version of Beethoven's 3rd and he thought Leonard Bernstein conducting the Wiener Philharmonic was better. So back to the search engine and I found all nine of Beethoven's symphonies done by the Wiener Philharmonic with Leonard Bernstein conducting. I now have parts of Beethoven's 5th and 9th with the choir singing Ode to Joy playing in my head over and over again. Some of the best ear worms I've ever had!

Have a good day!

Judy

No comments: