Sunday, February 8, 2015

I had a brain storm

I was looking at that wall hanging that hubby's maternal grandmother made the other day and had a brain storm.
Remember the flags that you hung outside depending on the season?  Well, why not make a wall hanging/quilt block and have something different to hang on the wall each month or season?  Half the year will be easy; it's one block; a quick sew.

This is what I have planned for February.
The center block is from Quilting Assistant.  I'm surprised that EQ6 doesn't have this block in its library.

Remember making these when we were kids in school to give to our mothers for Mother's Day?  What I didn't know was those woven paper hearts are Swedish or Danish.  Which says to me, a more accurate description would be Scandinavian.

So I'm going to indulge my ADD and go make me a pretty!

I hope everybody is having a good day!

Judy


2 comments:

Leigh said...

Looks like a really good project. Have fun!

Judy said...

I am! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!