Monday, June 19, 2017

my solution

This is what happens when you have several hundred miles of flapping, shredding tarp and rope beating on your fake leather recliner.


The more you touched the arms the worse it got.  It had gotten to the point if you sat down in the chair you had little flaky bits all over you.  So this is my solution, cover the arms.

I had a raggedy pair jeans that couldn't be rescued.  So I cut the inseams, center front and back seams out.  I did some fancy pinning, trimming and sewing.  And viol`a!  Arm covers that look like they are going to stay on and not slide around like the kind our mothers had on the arms of their sofas.

I haven't figured out what to do with the back of the recliner yet.  Right now a folded afghan covers it.

Next up, is to finish packing because I'm heading back to my sister's in Wichita probably for the summer and maybe part of the fall.  Or at least until the doctors can get her pain under control, so she can figure out what she wants to do.

Hope everybody is having a good day!

Judy

2 comments:

Shadowmoss said...

Sending healing thoughts to your sister. I will keep your family in my thoughts. Travel safe.

Judy said...

Thanks! I'm hoping by the time I get there that the Oncologist has found the right chemo that will shrink the tumor, without all the weird side effects. Which in turn will take the pressure off her sciatic nerve, bowels and bladder.