Monday, January 31, 2011

shooting yourself in the foot

I think I shot myself in the foot.


My younger brother use to bring me all of his venison that was left over from the previous year. However, I'm not getting any, anymore, because he ask me how I fixed it, as he and his wife had run out of ways to fix it. I told him that any lamb recipe would work perfectly with venison and my favorite recipes were Indian. Any highly seasoned recipe works really. The ground venison is almost always made into chili. I've made kabob with the ground venison a couple of times but chili is the hands-down favorite. I'm down to two packages and no resupply in sight. I'm going to have to stop being so helpful! LOL!

We had this recipe last night; Daal Gosht (lamb with lentils). It was very good! Just sub venison for the lamb.

I've got to find a new source of venison!

Note: the photo of the cuts of venison is from best-venison.com.

Have a good day!

Judy

2 comments:

Chai Chai said...

That is so funny that folks always think to make chili but seldom move on to spicy Indian, Thai, or Greek dishes.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on the hard boiled egg problem, this has been a very vexing problem that I would love to solve.

Judy said...

You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!