Monday, June 6, 2011

that was interesting

Well that was interesting! I found the minute tapioca I was looking for, along with 65 half-pint jars of raspberry jam I have canned over the last several years. But I have no toilet paper! Now I am the only one who eats jams and jellies for the most part and I don't eat but maybe two or three jars a year. So just maybe I need to find something else to do with the raspberries! I did find a recipe for jelly filled cookies that I am going to try and I will let you know if the recipe is any good. (I have to let the butter thaw before I get to try the recipe.)

I also found some older veggies I had canned while I was cleaning the pantry. After giving it some thought about why I hadn't used them up earlier it dawned on me that because I had to dig for them I wasn't using up my stuff in a timely manner. So I brought in two old steel shelving units from the junk pile that Hubby had set up to store his VHS tapes on back in the dark ages before DVDs. Broke the shelving units down and gave them a good scrubbing in the bathtub. Then reassembled them into three units with some shelves left over and placed pantry items on them. One unit sets by the door of the pantry so the older fruit jars are handy to use. The goal is to use at least a jar a day and get that food rotated out of the pantry. We'll see how long that lasts!

Working on Sister Suzy some shorts and tops for this summer so quilting is on hold until I get some other sewing done.

Have a good day!

Judy

2 comments:

Teri said...

use the jelly to make bar-b-q sauce and/or marinade for pork roasts
Teri

Judy said...

I will have to look into that, although I'm not much into sweet bbq sauce. The jam filled cookies were wonderful and I got a big thumbs up from my two resident chocoholics.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!