This is the fourth quilt I made for the girls. It is called tossed nine patch and this you-tube video was the inspiration for it.
I cut 5-inch square patches. I used the dark-purple print in the border for the center blocks. Then I used random purple squares for the outside corners and random green squares for the four inside blocks of the nine patch.
One of the things I did differently for this quilt was useing up a bunch of scrap batting that was the same weight or loft. By spraying the backing well with the spray adhesive it was easy to butt the pieces of batting up against each other and get complete coverage without any shifting or bunching. The quilt will have to be washed several times to see if I have enough quilting to hold some of the smaller pieces in place. I plan to try it again with another quilt with higher loft scraps.
I decided to go with big squares for the backing on this one.
As a Side note: I was off-line for about a week as Hubby rebuilt my computer and him trying to get all the bugs worked out. He ended up having to replace the new motherboard he installed because Windows 7 would not recognize the video card on that board. The computer is still choking every once in a while so he has some more fine tuning to do. So my access may still be spotty for a while.
I hope everybody is having a good day!