I made me another pretty to hang on my wall.
Quilting Works.com I went for it.
This is what I came up with in EQ6:
Need to cut:
(12) 3.5-inch blocks for the patchwork of the leaves of the shamrock.
(9) 2 3/8-inch blocks of background for the shaping of the shamrock leaves.
(1) 6.5-inc block of background for the quadrant the stem is in. This is where I variated from the pattern and instruction, and used a 10-inch piece of bias binding cut down to 1.5". Pressed the sides under a 1/4" and machine appliquéd it across the diagonal of the 6.5" block.
(1) 6 7/8-inch block cut on the diagonal for the 2 lower triangles around the shamrock of background material.
(1) 9 7/8-inch block cut on the diagonal for the 2 upper triangles around the shamrock of back ground material.
(2) 6.5 x 7.5inch blocks for either side of the flowerpot on background material.
(1) 9.5 x 7.5-inch block for the flower pot. The flowerpot was another variation from the pattern and instructions.
I had to square up the block after I added the four side triangles and before I added the flowerpot bottom. I trimmed off about 3-inches of the stem part of the block.
I was having trouble pinning the trimmed flowerpot to the two pieces of background until I had an Aha! moment.
When I got ready to make binding, I decided I didn't want the original green binding but something different. Why not a gold binding to represent the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I found a goldish-yellow print in the stash. I think it was just what this pretty need.
I hope everyone is having a good day!