Friday, July 29, 2016

cameras and battery chargers

I had planned on posting some pictures of the quilts I finished over the last couple of weeks out of my 'I screwed-up; I don't know or have the will to fix it' bin.  But, I can't get the battery charger to charge the camera battery.

It looks like the flux capacitor (a circuit board) on my battery charger has died.  The battery charger gives me a green light although the camera says the battery is low.  I dismantled the battery charger.  I used a screwdriver to test for current at each junction.  When I get to the last set of contacts all I get is the green light, so I need to get a new charger and while I'm at it a new battery, too.

Hope your day is going better than mine is.

Judy

Edit:  WaHoo!  I took the battery charger apart again, wiggled around some wires and the red light came on!  We are charging the battery, I think, hope, pray.  Won't know until the green light comes back on and try it out.  Jude

Alright! the battery is charged expect a blog post with pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shadowmoss said...

A secret about most electro-echanical stuff is that just taking them apart and putting them back together fixes most problems. :-)

Judy said...

I'll have to remember that, cause it most definitely worked this time.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.