I posted about this quilting project back in November of 2012. I finally finished it. This is one of the projects I found and took with me to Sis's. The top was complete and I had made a backing for it. So I pinned a batting in it and put it in the bottom of my suitcase.
The quilting is my typical stitch-in-the-ditch, a diagonal through the center of the blocks while I pondered what to do with the center squares. I didn't want the centers to loose the raised effect but I had to do some sort of quilting because the section was to big to leave unquilted. Thus, quilting a presser-foot's width from the edge hoping to maintain the raised look for the center of the block. I think I accomplished that. I used a diamond for the outside borders.