Sunday, August 29, 2010

Show and tell

The quilt I just finished. We went out to the back yard. The light is much better. She liked the back so we photographed it first.



The details of the stripping and quilting on the back.



The front



The details of the stripping and quilting on the front



The sewn on bias french binding. I don't think you can see that the binding is overstuffed. If you over-stuff your binding it wears better. I added about a 1/2 inch of extra batting as I was pinning the edge of the binding. It looks nice.



This is the quilt I finished before using the Crazy Shortcut Quilts techniques. It was odd-ball blocks I found in Mother's stash, with strips and left-overs from cutting blocks. I set it together with muslin and some gray fabric I had from another quilt. The quilting is stitch in the ditch and outline quilting.



I finished my latest knitting endeavors, Sister Suzy is modeling. The hat is a pattern I found on Ravelry. It is by Marcie Nishioka and is called Button-Tab Hat. I did it in Lion Brand CupCake in Blueberry. The hat took less that one skein of yarn. I forgot the side shot and the detail of the 2 buttons from my button box that are white triangles. The pattern was easy, the directions were great and blue is the kiddo's favorite color.



The vest was a pattern I saw on Leonie Guld blog Raglan Guld. She calls it a Simple Knitted Wrap Vest Pattern She also has a great tutorial on how to make it. The vest is also listed in Ravelry. There are tons of ways to wear the neck line. This was today adventure. I made it with the Cupcake in Blueberry and Marshmallow. One ridge of Marshmallow and 2 ridges of Blueberry. It took 2 skeins of Marshmallow and 4 of Blueberry. I used US #7 needles.



I used a cable needle for a closure. I need to look for a scarf pin or maybe one of those hair do-hicks that is and oval with a stick that goes behind the hair, of course a brooch might be fun also. The vest didn't look all that bad left hanging open, it draped nicely, and being the no-fuss kid that she is, that might be the best option for her.



I have other goodies for show and tell but they will have to wait for another day.

Have a good day!
Judy

No comments: